I know, I talked all about how awesome this weekend would be and never really explained why. So here’s a list of things that are way better than good about this weekend. Some of them are too amazing to be on the “good things” list but I don’t have a list of “things that are so amazing I can barely stand it,” so this will suffice.
1. My new TV is everything I hoped it would be, and I don’t even have HD cable/blue ray hooked up to it.
2. Spent the entire weekend touristing about with my good friend, Ginevra de’Benci, who came to visit from Utah so she could be there for when I…
3. Made sacred covenants with my Heavenly Father. An experience that is totally worth a full post of its own, but is so beautiful I don’t think words can really do it justice. Maybe some pictures of me afterwards will help you see how I felt.
4. Finally experienced Georgetown Cupcakes and only had to wait in line 20 minutes (ish) to get the cupcakes. They were pretty good.
5. Also finally got to meet my friend C’s amazing boyfriend only to have him propose to her 24 hours later. I know this has nothing to do with me, but I’m still ridiculously happy for her.
6. Um, potatoes. We had so many – and I am so happy that I have yet to run out of them. I have that irrational fear that I’ll just run out – like tomorrow, and I still have a paper grocery bag full of them.
7. Also, pumpkins. Another new one has appeared since the last update and I’m really pleased. Hopefully this means we’ll have at least one to carve for Halloween (1/4 would be a failing grade, but I would be happy with that).
8. I cleaned out my closet this weekend since I had some extra time off on my hands. It’s a wonderful feeling to have all of my stuff in order.
Pictures anyone? Here we go:
The National Cathedral is one of my absolute favorite places in DC. The weather was absolutely perfect when Ginevra and I were there.
I’d never been to the observation gallery before, but it was a great day to do it. The views were spectacular.
The view of the Bishop’s Garden and gazebo from the observation gallery:
The carillon tower from the observation gallery:
The first potato from the garden! (photo by Lady Shutterbug):
Me, doing the “we grew potatoes” happy dance (photo by Lady Shutterbug):
Lady Shutterbug with some baby potatoes:
The chupacabra cucumbers we grew. No stinking idea how they managed to turn orange but I blame the squash/pumpkins nearby and their pollen. They looked like cucumbers inside, but they look mighty frightful on the outside. There’s probably an object lesson there.
The little stowaway we found in our garden (photo by Lady Shutterbug):