Oh, hey Friday, welcome back! And here’s this week’s wrap up of the things that don’t really fit anywhere else but are still totally awesome and worth mentioning:
– Am I the only girl in the world who drives past Home Depot and thinks “It’s been a long time since I’ve been in there. I’d better go in and make sure there’s nothing I need.” ? Cause I do that fairly often.
If you’ve never seen your kitchen with all the cabinets open, GO DO IT. It’s freaky and weird and SO WRONG. Remember that scene in the 6th sense? It’s like that.
– And as long as we’re on my nerd train, please enjoy watching one of my favorite comic writers get proposed to at a comic convention. Totally perfect for them and I love it.
– October 22 is not the perfect day for everything. Please stop scheduling things for that day. I have already been invited to 5 different things that day. I’ll be at the one I agreed to back in January because it involves formalwear.
– On that note, if you ever really want me at an event, you’ll make it formal. I adore getting all dressed up. My formal dresses need more outings!
– Gretchen wrote a really thoughtful post on Fat Acceptance vs. Fat Glorification and the discussion on it is equally amazing. I highly suggest you check it out.
– In honor of my upcoming 3000th tweet, I have been wading through my old tweets. This is far more difficult than you even understand. But look forward to a post with some highlights! I’m so excited! If you’re not already following me on Twitter, feel free to start.
– On the other hand, one thing I’ve given a great deal of thought to lately is the idea of surrounding myself with people who are amazing, uplifting, supportive people. If you are the kind of person I want to call in a time of crisis, then I want you in my life. If you are the kind of person I say goodbye to and then have to spend an entire day recovering from our time together (yes, that happens to me) then I need for you to quietly exit my life. This video (via yes and yes blog) sums it all up quite nicely:
Except that I am, of course, turning 27 and so can even less afford to be surrounded by idiots.
Alright, that’s all from me for now. I’ll be back later with some pictures, and the incentives I have picked out for reaching some of my goals!
Do you have any stuff from all over from this week?