Welcome to my weekly roundup of things that don’t fit anywhere else! I should call today the photo edition because I have a lot of pictures to share.
– Speaking of pictures, I would love nothing more than to take a picture of each item of clothing that I own and put it on Polyvore so I could make up outfits for myself – but better yet, so YOU could make up outfits for me. Who doesn’t feel like other people are better at making up combinations out of our clothes? File this one under “things I want to do but won’t ever take the time to do”. So instead I’ll just play with clothes I wish I owned:
– I signed up for another weight loss challenge on Sunday so I have the following deadlines so far:
Gym Contest – February 17 (ish)
RS Contest – March 5
TWLC 2 – April 15th
I think I may be a little bit obsessed with weight loss contests. It’s probably fine. We call that “motivation” right?
– Today’s workout will be the last one I need to meet my gym-pact for this week! Gold star for me!
– One goal I have for this year I haven’t talked about is getting my family recipes uploaded to my “recipe” section. Did you know I have a recipe section? Cause I do. Thanks to Recipage this part of my blog will be growing quite a bit! Most of the family recipes look like this:
Which is awesome, but doesn’t exactly seem permanent to me. It also makes sharing recipes quite difficult. So I’m looking forward to showing off some of our favorite family recipes and, of course, sharing my own.
– Last weekend I transformed our garage from this:
But don’t be fooled. If you take a step back it still looks like this:
BIG SIGH. I wish I could get all of that stuff to go away but every time I turn around it’s expanding further. At least I won’t have to carry Christmas stuff up stairs again!
– I never blogged my New Year’s celebration, mostly because I don’t have a lot of pictures of it. The pictures I do have are of food. But I do have the aftermath of our New Year’s Eve Eve celebration which was about 1000 times more over the top than New Year’s Eve was. Kathy and I were some of the first ones to go to bed and this is what we woke up to in the morning:
We don’t know, and no one will tell, exactly what happened, but it was probably a lot of fun at the time.
– I have been all about some Instagram this week. It’s the only social network where I can be just plain “katesullivan” instead of “thekate” and I like it. But I also like sharing the minutae of my day through pictures:
– Yesterday we got the awesome news that Kathy will be having a baby girl! We celebrated by heading directly to Target for clearance baby clothes. This little gem was $1.50 bringing my total spent on baby clothes to a whopping $4.50:
In case you’re wondering, yes, Baby Girl will wear batman and skulls (although Uncle Bryan will protest) more often than she wears floral prints. No frilly pink fluffiness for my niece! Think polka dots and jewel tones instead of flowers and pastels.
My favorite reads this week:
- Why I don’t Pin My Own Stuff – an interesting discussion on whether bloggers should pin their own posts on Pinterest.
- Facing the Scale – Gretchen writes, “The fact of the matter is this: I need to weigh myself to know that I am making progress with my weight loss. When I’ve reached my goal, I can and will reevaluate the ways that I measure my health.” – this summarizes my feelings on the scale perfectly. It would be great to be one of those people who can say “I don’t have a scale and measure my health by how I feel” but I’m not at that point yet. Maybe someday.
- A Wagon of the Band Variety – Stephanie discusses the various fitness trends she has tried out because “everyone else was doing it.” I’m definitely guilty of doing the same thing and I know she and I aren’t alone in that.
How was your week? Big plans for the weekend?