This morning I am ultra sleepy – I’ve been sleeping with my heating blanket and down comforter lately and loving the result because I sleep like I’m dead. But it’s not comfy while I’m falling asleep to be so cold so I wish I could send my extra a/c to people who desperately need it.
Anyway, Emma tagged me in this post a few um, months, ago and I haven’t gotten around to doing it until now. The rules were to post 7 random facts about yourself (and tag people, but I’ll let you tag yourselves). So let’s go.
1. I want to be a mother more than almost anything else in the world. But the idea of having an 8 year old skeeves the heck out of me. Let’s go ahead and skip from age 4 to age 12. Bring on the teenage years. Someone else can take my kids to first grade.
(Can we skip from this^ to that> ?)
2. I am terrified of falling down the stairs. I do the stairs more times a day than I can count, but they scare me every time. Every time I go down the stairs I picture myself lying in a broken mess, impaled on random corners. It’s not really a big deal since it doesn’t keep me from doing the stairs but…it’s still really weird. Yes, I have fallen down the stairs before but I don’t think I do it any more than anyone else so it’s fairly irrational.
3. I am already planning my Christmas decorations. I think one thing you can take away from this post is that I’m always thinking 10 steps ahead. I know it’s July but I’ve started seeing things on Pinterest that make me think of Christmas and make me want to get crafting.
But honestly, I was a very grumpy bear last Christmas and I don’t want to repeat that again this year so I’m trying to be proactive. Christmas is my favorite holiday, but it’s also really hard time of year for me (and a lot of people I love) so I want to try to keep my focus positive.
4. Speaking of Pinterest though, I have a lot of pet peeves on Pinterest. I’ve been seeing a lot more nasty comments and spam on there lately and it’s not cool. I’ve also started seeing people say thinks like “Pin now, read later” – NO! Read it before you pin it so you know it’s useful/relevant/actually what it claims to be! How mad will you be when you go back in a few weeks to make that meal you pinned and discover you just pinned a link to Google images??
5. If I could make my whole life look like this, I would:
Just minus the nails cause those are a little much. I think that picture pretty much captures what I aspire to have my personal style be. It’s very girly, definitely glamorous and edgy, and yet it’s not soft or preppy. Add some spikes and/or skulls and I would call it perfection.
6. I may be an unfortunate victim of Bieber Fever (should’ve washed my hands more often!) but lately I also cannot get enough of my old favorites from the 90′s. Over the weekend I randomly found myself listening to The Prodigy and wondering what ever became of them. I still love me some Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, and about a hundred other groups that were big in those days.
7. I think my astrological sign makes me sound way cooler than I am. Seriously. If you ever read through the description of a Scorpio you’d probably be kind of intimidated. Or impressed. I’m mostly intimidated. Some of my favorite descriptions:
This next one made me laugh, but I don’t think it’s true about me personally though I’d kind of love for it to be. Mess with the best, die like the rest!
So…now you know. Anything you were surprised by? What’s a random fact about you?