Once again it’s fall and I’m overwhelmed and trying to dig myself out. I need a good solid reminder that it’s okay to say no to any and everything and I don’t even have to say why. If want to sit at home on my couch and do nothing I shouldn’t feel guilty about that. But for some reason I never remember this until it’s too late.
But anyway, here are some good things that have happened lately.
1) I bought myself the Naked2 Palette from Urban Decay and am in love. I now want ALL THE MAKEUP.
2) My friend Sahar got married and that meant getting to spend a night with my best friends acting like I was 22 again. I decided that night that no matter how overrated it is, Georgetown Cupcake should be open 24 hours a day.
3) Last year I was too high and mighty to eat candy corn because I was so serious about my diet. This year I’m letting myself indulge because I’m terrified of having another Christmas binge. Isn’t that the way it works?
4) I bought myself this scarf and I love it. Also, I am so happy it’s fall and I can straighten my hair again without having it curl the instant I step outside. Bye humidity!
5) This is not actually on my list but I know my family wants to see these – two pictures of the Master Bathroom in my parents house. Don’t worry, these are the before pictures because very soon they’re starting the renovation. In the meantime my parents are sleeping in twin beds in the guest room like they’re the Cleavers.
Do we think this wallpaper was ever in style or…? I know those brass fixtures were a thing at one point though and thank goodness that’s over.
After pictures to come!
Do you have a certain time of year when you find yourself getting overwhelmed at work and in your social and home life?