This wine and cheese was dedicated to the fact that I have (spoiler alert) unpacked my last box from this year’s move. My new home actually looks like home now instead of the recycling pile and that’s pretty glorious.
So what does one do when she’s settled in? I decided to tuck myself into bed with the aforementioned glass of wine and blow the dust off my blog. How about a quick rundown on what I’ve been up to while I was away?
1) My friends threw me a pretty fabulous 30th Birthday party. I mean, really.
2) I was strong-armed into participating in Thanksgiving yet again this year. My thoughts on Thanksgiving are already well documented and I’ve been trying all year to prepare my mother for the fact I have no interest in celebrating it again (ever) but as you can see…I need some more practice saying no. Good food, priceless company – I shouldn’t complain.
3) Then the packing began. See, back in September my roommate got engaged (I’ve done this to almost every one of my recent past roommates) which meant I was either going to live with the happy couple or strike out alone. And so it came to pass…
4) What gets packed obviously has to get unpacked. This year my Christmas decorating bug hit hard. Possibly because I started pinning things in July. Irregardless, I dove into the Christmas decorations before 80% of my house was unpacked. That’s where I found this little stowaway. I have NO idea where he came from, and my former roommate swears it’s not hers, but he stays because he’s adorable.
As I was packing/unpacking my poor little guys were pretty overwhelmed. So overwhelmed that Mocha, who normally runs from the camera, let me take this picture. Have you ever seen anything more adorable/pathetic?
6) Since my new home has a bathtub I have cultivated a love of baths. Specifically glittery bubble baths taken while watching TV. I used to just get bored and overheated in a bath but now that I can bring my phone and/or iPad with me I can sit for hours. Preferably with a drink. It’s my favorite way to unwind and it’s possible I have taken one almost every night this week.
After one week of feeling like I’d never find a place for everything, I can say that I’m unpacked. I still have a lot of settling in to do but at least the boxes are empty and out of the house. This feels like nothing short of a miracle given it was an incredibly stressful week at work with lots of long hours.