One way essential oils have transformed my beauty routine is with the sheer number of products I can now make at home instead of buying. Not only does this mean I never worry about running out of something but it also means big savings. I did the math once and I saved myself over $30 on just two products. Um, yes please. Check how how easy and fast homemade products are with this DIY homemade sweet citrus facewash.
You will need:
Liquid castile soap (I use baby mild Dr. Bronners’)
Vitamin E oil
The following Young Living Essential Oils: Lemon, Orange, Palmarosa, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Manuka and Melrose (get yours here)
A foaming soap dispenser
- Fill your soap dispenser 1/5 of the way with castile soap.
- Add a glug (or 1 tablespoon, if you’re the measuring type) of vitamin E oil.
- Add in each of the above essential oils. I used 3-5 drops of each but you can adjust according to your scent preferences.
- Fill the rest of the dispenser with water, leaving enough room for the foamer (about 1/3-1/4 of the dispenser. I add water and check, just so the bottle won’t overflow and there’s a little room left to shake it up.
- Shake well before each use and enjoy!
That’s how quick and easy it is to make your own foaming face, hand or body wash. Seriously. This recipe is my new favorite for my face because the vitamin e leaves my skin feeling so soft and the dreamy smell is like orange honey. Added bonus? I’ll be hanging on to a little bit of summer every time I wash my face!